Welcome to our collection of resources aimed to assist with healthcare improvement during COVID. Have a suggestion for a new resource or want to share some feedback? Let us know here.
COVID-19: Patient Safety and Quality Improvement Skills to Deploy During the Surge
Staines A, Amalberti R, Berwick DM, Braithwaite J, Lachman P, Vincent CA.
The authors suggest a five-step strategy and actions for patient safety and quality improvement staff to employ their skills to support patients, clinical staff, and health care organizations during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Management of post-acute COVID-19 in primary care
Practice advice, a podcast and infographic from Trisha Greenhalgh et al on what is know and best practice advice on managing long-COVID.
Quality Improvement Tool Exercises using COVID-19 Examples
This resource is a compilation of materials from a student-led improvement science curriculum adapted to be delivered virtually during COVID-19 to first-year medical students in a longitudinal preclinical program.
Highlighted Patient Safety Videos
In these unprecedented times, healthcare professionals across the country have had to adapt quickly to new ways of working in a new way. To help you adjust, we’ve prepared a short video from GP and executive coach Claire Kaye, who gives you her top tips in how to cope with change.
Join Dr Fiona Godlee of The BMJ and Professor George Davey Smith of Bristol University and the MRC, plus their invited guests from leading institutions in the US, UK, Germany, Norway, Sweden, India, Hong Kong, Gabon and New Zealand, as they discuss many aspects of the covid pandemic.
Healthcare improvement in the time of COVID
Joy Furnival asks what role can and should QI take during and after the COVID-19 pandemic?
Latest news and research
- The EULAR COVID-19 database and its insights into risk factors
- Covid-19 update: Management, vaccination and chronic conditions
- Covid-19 update: Vaccination, long covid-19, endocrine conditions, bronchiolitis
- January 2021 - COVID-19 vaccination: we need more than the ‘mum test’
- Covid-19: Vaccination, remdesivir, and comorbidities
- Covid-19 and comorbidities
- COVID-19 vaccines - getting the information right
- ACS management in the COVID-19 era
- Sexual health and COVID-19
- Covid-19 update: Antibody testing, mental health, flu vaccination
- Covid-19 update: Steroids, PPE, long covid, public mental health
- COVID-19 and children, nothing to see here?
- No Symptoms? Why wearing a mask still matters
- Behind the mask: COVID-19 exposure and viral carriage in healthcare workers
- Covid-19 update: Self-isolation, non-Covid-19 hospital admissions, planned care, and weight
The development and maintenance of this patient safety content is made possible by an award from The Health Foundation. BMJ retains full editorial control over content, peer review, editing, and publication.