Launched by the Long Term Conditions Alliance and the Scottish Government in September 2008, the strategy is informed by the lived experiences of people with long term conditions.
It calls for:
- people to have more access to high quality information about their condition and its impact on their life
- people to have more access to support including peer support
- increased provision of emotional and mental health support for people with long term physical conditions
- a change in culture so that people – those receiving and those delivering services – have the confidence and capacity to work together as partners
- better partnership working by NHS, voluntary sector and local authorities.