The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) has developed a number of surveys to help healthcare professionals assess patient safety. Although primarily developed for a US audience AHRQ is actively looking for feedback from international users.
Four surveys on patient safety culture are available:
- Hospital Survey on Patient Safety Culture.
- Medical Office Survey on Patient Safety Culture.
- Nursing Home Survey on Patient Safety Culture.
- Pharmacy Survey on Patient Safety Culture
Health care professionals can use these survey assessment tools to:
- Raise staff awareness about patient safety.
- Diagnose and assess the current status of patient safety culture.
- Identify strengths and areas for patient safety culture improvement.
- Examine trends in patient safety culture change over time.
- Evaluate the cultural impact of patient safety initiatives and interventions.
- Conduct internal and external comparisons.