The Year of Care programme demonstrated how to introduce and embed personalised care planning in routine care for people with long term conditions. Implementing the approach led to important learning for commissioners which is captured in a series of resources available for download.
- How to commission care planning
- The commissioning and delivery of non-traditional services to support self management through the third sector
- A new commissioning model for long term conditions. It is driven by the needs of people with LTCs , addresses the QIPP agenda and provides a framework for redesign of services across the whole health economy
This learning, including detailed practical information, is included in:
- Year of Care: Report of Findings of the Pilot Programme
- Year of Care: Thanks for the Petunias – a guide to developing and commissioning non-traditional providers to support self management for people with long term conditions.
- Year of Care: Summary of key achievements and outputs
- Year of Care: Commissioning Model for LTCs
- Year of Care: Workforce issues and service planning for people with Long Term Conditions (LTCs)